- The Bible is the only Word of God, Divinely inspired as originally given, and is the supreme authority in life and its preparation (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21).
- God is Triune–one eternal God existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Man is created in His image. Creation and providence are revelatory of him (Genesis 1:1, 26; John 10:30, 37, 38; John 14:16-18, Colossians 1:15-19, 2:9).
- Christ is God manifested in the flesh, born of a virgin; He lived a sinless life, suffered and died in our behalf, and He arose bodily from the grave, ascended, and is coming again in power and glory (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:18, 23, Luke 1:35, Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 9:12, John 20:17-20, Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-16).
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely fundamental to Christian life and should be basic in all preparation for life. By God’s grace only and through faith alone are we and our children saved from sin and its evil consequences (Romans 3:19, 23, John 3:16-19, John 5:24, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5-7).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28, John 11:25).
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- Parents are responsible for the education of their children. To bring them up in the Lord, they, through the agency of this Association, promote education in schools employing teachers who give evidence of a born again life and who manifest ability and desire to educate children morally and intellectually in the light of God’s Word (Ephesians 6:4, Proverbs 22:6, Galatians 5:22-23).
- Since God is sovereign in every facet of our existence, everything to be taught must be taught indicating this sovereignty. Our knowledge must be developed as God’s revelation to us. Such teaching makes for God-consciousness without which no Christian teaching is possible (Proverbs 3:5-6, John 16:3).
- In addition, instruction provided shall be of high academic quality so that the students may be prepared to take their place in the home, church, state, and vocation or profession in a manner that is God-glorifying (I Corinthians 10:31; Luke 2:52).
- Because faith and godly living are taught by example and reputation as well as by classroom instruction, it is part of the job description for all staff members to model both faith and godly living consistent with this Statement of Faith at all times, on and off the job (Deuteronomy 6:7, 11:19, I Peter 4:8-11, Matthew 5:14-16).
As Christians, we believe the following to be true:
- That life begins at the moment of conception and all life is precious to God (Genesis 1:27).
- The term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 1:27, 2:20-25, Matthew 19:4-6).
- God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman (I Thessalonians 4:3-6, Hebrews 13:4).
- Any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography, or any attempt to change one’s biological sex or to otherwise act upon any disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God (Genesis 1:27, Matthew 19:4-6).
- In order to preserve the function and integrity of MCS as a Christian school and to provide a biblical role model to our families and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by MCS in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, should abide by and agree to this Statement of Faith and conduct themselves accordingly (Ephesians 4:1-6, John 13:34-35, 14:15).
- God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (John 3:16-21, I John 2:1-2).
- Every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with scripture nor the policies and practices of MCS (Galatians 5:22, Ephesians 5:8-12).
Statement of Biblical Authority:
- Our Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of practice, policy, and discipline, the Midland Christian School Board is the school’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application (Hebrews 13:17).
Approved Aug 18, 2014 by MCS & MCSA Boards.